STATEMENT OF CONSENT
I hereby grant explicit consent to Surf School Wales CIC to process my/my child’s sensitive personal information (also known as Special Categories of Personal Data that include, but are not limited to, my medical information) which I have supplied for the purpose of attending a surf lesson. I understand that I have the choice not to grant my consent or, once given, to withdraw my consent at any time. I acknowledge that withholding or withdrawing my consent to process this data may restrict the services and activities available to me through Surf School Wales CIC and may cause administrative delays. I understand information will be processed in line with Surf School Wales CIC Data Privacy Notice.
TERMS & CONDITIONS 2023
Terms & conditions must be read and then you have to confirm you agree to them when booking as proof of agreement to taking part in this activity.
No jewellery/glasses must be worn on the Surf School Wales CIC Coaching sessions.
Please note that students must be able to swim 50 meters and declare any medical conditions, which may cause safety problems to themselves, and the rest of their group and instructors.
Anyone who has been drinking alcohol will not be allowed to participate in the surf session and will lose their payment.
Cancellation policy is 24 hours
1. When booking a lesson, full payment is taken. A medical declaration form must be filled in and completed before a person can take part in any course as part of the online booking. Surf School Wales CIC (SSW) do not accept any liability for loss caused by failure to complete the declaration form.
2. Surf School Wales have the right to cancel a person’s place on the course if full payment is not received.
3. Any cancellations or changes to your booking must be made in writing and will only be accepted from the date they are received by SSW. Refunds for cancellations are as follows: 4 weeks or more from course start date = full refund; 2-3 weeks before course start date = 50% refund; less than 2 weeks to course start date = no refund. If the booking is changed more than 21 days prior to the course, SSW will make every effort to change the requested booking. Less than 21 days prior to the start, no changes can be made. Refunds are subject to 5% admin fee,
4. Surf School Wales assumes no liability in respect of personal injury, loss, damage or third party claims which occur through no fault of its own or its instructors.SSW cannot accept responsibility for any of the reasons cited above that a person may incur whilst participating in any of the activities unless SSW can be proven negligent.
5. SSW equipment will be used for the activity, unless previously agreed. If I should damage or lose any SSW equipment, I agree to inform a member of SSW staff and understand that I will have to pay for any repairs or replacements.
6. I agree to abide by all decisions and adhere to all instructions that SSW staff and instructors make whilst under their supervision. This includes sea-related conditions beyond SSW control (flat days, fog, dangerous sea conditions etc.). In this case, should a course/lesson be cancelled, a credit note will be issued which is valid for one year from the date of cancellation. No refunds will be issued.
7. The accommodation providers listed on the website act as a guide only to assist in booking accommodation. No responsibility is taken by SSW for booking any accommodation and cannot be held responsible for any aspect of or problems arising from accommodation arrangements.
8. The prices printed on the web site are valid at the time of publication. SSW reserves the right to increase or reduce any of the prices any time after publication. Any changes will be made clear at the time of booking. SSW reserves the right to cancel or change course dates subject to notification of those persons booked on to course.
9. Permission is given for participant’s contact details to be entered into the SSW database and held in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2017. This information will not be forwarded to third parties.
10. The credit note issued for a cancellation is valid for one year from the date of issue, and only applies to a surf session.
11. Your personal information will be held by Surf School Wales in line with our privacy statement.
12. Surf School Wales may take photos during surfing sessions that may be used on social media sites and promotional material.
13. Personal belongings can be stored at the premises during your session but are left at your own risk. SSW will not take any responsibility for damages/losses.
I accept that I participate at my own risk and I confirm that I have my own insurance to cover any such injury, loss or damage or have chosen not to take out such insurance even though I understand that this is my responsibility.