TERMS & CONDITIONS & MEDICAL DECLARATION FORM 2019
Each student or parent or guardian if person is under 18, must complete a confidential medical declaration form, which will include any medical problems the participant may have. Details will also include name, contact number in case of an emergency etc. Terms & conditions must be read and signed by the student /parent/guardian as proof of agreement to them taking part in this activity.
• Students will be made aware that no jewellery/glasses must be worn on the Surf School Wales Coaching sessions.
• Please note that students must be able to swim 50 meters and declare any medical conditions, which may cause safety problems to themselves, and the rest of their group and instructors.
• Anyone who has been drinking alcohol will not be allowed to participate in the surf session and will lose their payment.
Surf Lesson Terms & Conditions
1. When booking a course, a deposit is taken by Nick Thomas Surf School Wales. A declaration form must be filled in and completed before a person can take part in any course. Surf School Wales do not accept any liability for loss caused by failure to complete the declaration form.
2. NT SSW require minimum 50% of the total course cost when booking. Surf School Wales have the right to cancel a person’s place on the course if full payment is not received.
3. Any cancellations or changes to your booking must be made in writing and will only be accepted from the date they are received by SSW. Refunds for cancellations are as follows: 4 weeks or more from course start date = full refund; 2-3 weeks before course start date = 50% refund; less than 2 weeks to course start date = no refund. If the booking is changed more than 21 days prior to the course, SSW will make every effort to change the requested booking. Less than 21 days prior to the start, no changes can be made.
4. Surf School Wales assumes no liability in respect of personal injury, loss, damage or third party claims which occur through no fault of its own or its instructors.
SSW cannot accept responsibility for any of the reasons cited above that a person may incur whilst participating in any of the activities unless SSW can be proven negligent.
I accept that I participate at my own risk and I confirm that I have my own insurance to cover any such injury, loss or damage or have chosen not to take out such insurance even though I understand that this is my responsibility.
5. SSW equipment will be used for the activity, unless previously agreed. If I should damage or lose any SSW equipment, I agree to inform a member of SSW staff and understand that I will have to pay for any repairs or replacements.
6. I agree to abide by all decisions and adhere to all instructions that SSW staff and instructors make whilst under their supervision. This includes sea-related conditions beyond SSW control (flat days, fog, dangerous sea conditions etc.). In this case, should a course/lesson be cancelled, a credit note will be issued which is valid for one year from the date of cancellation. No refunds will be issued.
7. The accommodation providers listed on the website act as a guide only to assist in booking accommodation. No responsibility is taken by SSW for booking any accommodation and cannot be held responsible for any aspect of or problems arising from accommodation arrangements.
8. The prices printed on the web site are valid at the time of publication. SSW reserves the right to increase or reduce any of the prices any time after publication. Any changes will be made clear at the time of booking. SSW reserves the right to cancel or change course dates subject to notification of those persons booked on to course.
9. Permission is given for participant’s contact details to be entered into the SSW database and held in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2017. This information will not be forwarded to third parties.
10. The credit note issued for a cancellation is valid for one year from the date of issue, and only applies to a surf session.
11. Your personal information will be held by Surf School Wales in line with our privacy statement.
12. Surf School Wales may take photos during surfing sessions that may be used on social media sites and promotional material.